- Coffee Charity: To support social welfare program
- Flea market committee: Once a year around October
- Ceremonial Occasions: Services for the liturgy of Wedding, Vigil of over the deceased, Funeral, Care and maintenance for all the necessary things of liturgy
- Sacristy :Clean-up: Chapel, personage, hall and toilet
- Sunday liturgy services: Organist, usher, reader, alter server
- Servant of the Eucharist, Rector：The lay ministry services admitted by Tokyo Archdiocese to give sick or aged person the Blessed Sacrament and minister to the Liturgy of the Word
- Church Committee: Supervise all the church activities and organization of the church.The Committee has meeting once a month.
- Financial Committee: Managing and support the chaplain for all the financial matters of the church.
- Liturgical Committee: Supervise all the liturgical calendar of the year and scheduling the necessary staffs.
Narita Catholic Church
Narita Catholic Church
Our Lady of Assumption
Date of Establishment
June 5, 1986
Keiji Francis X. SAKAKURA
Number of Parishioners
467 (as of Dec.31,2012)
Sun. 9:30 am (Japanese) 3rd Sun. 11:30(English) / 13:30(Spanish)
Monday through Saturday at 7:30am Friday 9:30am
Coffee Charity wherein home made cake and cookies, tea and coffee are sold on 4th Sunday after 9:30 Mass and the fund raised is donated to several welfare institutions in Japan
2-2-1 Kōzunomori, Narita-shi, Chiba 286-0048
Facilities for the Handicapped
7 minutes walk from Kōzunomori Sta. on Keisei Line. Parking available for 30 cars inside and 20 outside the Church area.. GoogleMap
Narita Church started its steps as a branch of Sawara Church, the neighboring parish. In 1977. In 1982 the church has become sub-parish and in 1986 it HAS Become lawfully AN independent parish of Archdiocese of Tokyo. At the beginning the location was at Nakadai in Narita New Town using an ordinary house as her chapel. With an eye of the future the preparation of new construction of the Church has . begun from the early stage and in 1988 expansion of the church has been done. Since the house was too small for the increased number of the parishioners during the thirteen years from the establishment of the church. the Irish Columban Missionaries made the foundation of Narita Church and the parishioners also cooperated with them generously. In 1989 the church has welcomed Japanese diocesan priest as the chaplain and five years after the Church could purchase the land at Kōzunomori i. The new construction of the church started on May 1995. In November it has been completed and house moving was done. In December 1995 Archbishop Peter Shirayanagi and Auxiliary Bishop Paul Mori have concelebrated the Solemn Dedication Mass. Around the Narita city many Filipinos and people from Latin America live. At the Sunday Mass the crews of the airplanes and passengers have joined from various countries and the church becomes international atmosphere. The Narita Church given the new chapel at the growing new town of Kozunomori has started firmly its new steps as the light of Christ. At present the church is carried by about 400 Japanese parishioners and 250 foreigners.
Official activities of the Church organization
Christian life & activities:
After the baptism the new parishioners will participate into: Various activities of the church and liturgical events of the church calendar so that they will experience close contact with Christ and brothers & Sisters in Christ globally united with each other as one community of the church. This will be the base of Catholic Christian life with rich faith.