Shiomi Catholic Church

image_pdfimage_print

Name

Shiomi Catholic Church

Dedicated to

Mary of Ari-no-Machi (Mary of Ants Town)

Date of Establishment

June, 1960

Pastor

Shoji Joseph KOBAYASHI

Number of Parishioners

388 (as of Dec.31,2011)

Sunday Mass

10:00

Sunday School

Sun. After Mass

Bible Study

Wed. 10:30

Address

2-10-5 Shiomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0052

Telephone

03-3644-8189

Fax

03-3644-8168

Facilities for the Handicapped

Slope (or Barrier free), Toilet

Directions

5 minutes walk from Shiomi Sta. on JR Keiyo Line. Or take the bus for Shiomi Sta. from Toyocho Sta. on Tozai Subway Line to Shiomi Sta. stop (12 minutes ride). GoogleMap

Parish History

In 1950, Ari no Kai was founded. In 1951, a cafeteria for the Ari no Kai was built and used as a private church. On June 1960, the church was moved to Shiomi also known as “Arino Machi ( in English, “the Town of Ants). Ari no Machi Catholic Church was founded. In 1962, it was renamed Edagawa Catholic Church. On April 1965, it became Parish. On October 1985, it changed the name to what it is called now, Shiomi Catholic Church.